Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Leprechaun has visited again! Green milk and green sheet cake pancakes! YUM, YUM! Since the kids were small, we have had a fun tradition in our home. The kids look forward to the St. Patrick's Day GREEN breakfast! This year, Brennen said "Where did you put the green food coloring, Mom?" What? I'm all out of green food coloring!! It must have been the Leprechaun! Ha Ha! Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day. Here is the recipe to Aunt Mary's yummy sheet carmel pancakes.
HEAT IN PAN ON STOVE TOP:
1 cube of butter (I know-not a real healthy brkfst!)
3/4 Cup Syrup (any kind!)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
POUR INTO UNGREASED SHEET PAN

MIX IN MIXING BOWL:
2 1/4 Cup Bisquick Mix
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Milk
3 eggs
MIX AND POUR ONTO SYRUP MIXTURE AND BAKE AT 350 FOR 10-17 MINUTES. CUT LIKE CAKE AND SERVE UPSIDE DOWN SO THAT THE SYRUP/CARMEL IS ON TOP! NO NEED TO ADD MORE SYRUP! OUR FAMILY USES THIS WHEN WE HAVE TO FEED A LOT OF PEOPLE. IT IS SO YUMMY AND A FUN ALTERNATIVE TO THE PANCAKE!

6 comments:

jennie said...

How fun! I really should do something fun like that. I'm lucky to get my kids' hair done! But, we all had cute St. Patrick's Day shirts, so at least that's something! You're such a fun Mom!

Tami said...

Thanks for the recipe! The minute you mentioned it, I thought, I want the recipe! So I'm glad you posted it. We're having green shephard's pie for dinner. Fun!

NICKI said...

Too fun! Everyone's posts today have reminded me how boring I am and that I need to step it up a notch-or ten!

kim said...

How awesome what a cool tradition. My Mom used to do something similar with our family. I will have to try out your pancakes. Abbie and I both thought they sounded yummy. I made green deviled eggs for abbie's girl scout snack. I should have sent ham and Dr. suess's Green Eggs and ham. The girls liked the eggs they were all gone when I picked up Abbie.

Lisa said...

Wow! What great fun you've had! a weekend "away", swimming at the gym, loose teeth, wrestling. Star Wars Light-sabers! How much fun is that! And not to mention great Green day! I've got to start collection these green ideas. Green was a little sparse at our house this year. . .

lavahotspringskoa said...

Yummy! What fun you're having! I'm proud of Brennen's reading (that school really knows how to motivate, eh?)! I pray that your home sells! (We've been there)...
It's been fun to catch up and think of you!
Tiff
p.s.
I loved your bugs list.