JUNE/JULY
He is here!! Kasen Shane Harris was born on June 29, 2010 at 9:45 a.m. He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. At thirty seven weeks gestation, on the evening of Monday June 28th, at around 6:30, I felt the first contractions coming on. We started timing them when I realized that they were getting regular. All of my labors have been really long so we had Rob and Rachael take the other kids for the night just in case this was it. I called my Dr. at around 9:00 p.m. to give him a heads up. He said to wait a little longer to see if the intensity of the contractions grew. We were checked into the hospital at around 11:45 p.m. The contractions were still consistantly coming every five minutes although the progression was SLOW!! At five a.m. the doctor came and broke my water after I received the much anticipated epidural. Needless to say, it was a really, REALLY long night. At 9:00 a.m. I was still at four cm. By 9:30 I shot to a ten. Three pushes and Kasen was born at 9:45 a.m. Right away, he cried the sweetest little cry. I remember being so grateful for such a great delivery and a healthy baby. Kasen had a ton of black hair and had huge feet and large hands for a baby so small! He was perfect in every way!












All ready to go home June 30, 2010

Rachael and all of the kids made this poster and decorated the house, mailbox, and garage with balloons and decorations.

Kasen's first sponge bath. He loved getting his hair washed, but hated the sponge down part!!





FOURTH OF JULY We spent the fourth of July in Soda Springs. Kasen and I stayed at Mom and Dad Heuseveldt's house while the rest of the gang attended the parade. We set off a few fountain fireworks that night at the house.
Parker really got into the catching candy thing at the parade. Tay and B were good help for him. Shane and the kids stood with the Rob Heuseveldt clan while watching the parade.
PARKER'S BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Parker had two birthday parties. One here with Shane's family and one in Soda with my family. He received a ton of Toy Story characters and loved them. Aunt Jen Balls made Parker two cakes because I was still recovering from having the baby. He LOVED them! Check out the pictures. One is a dinosaur cake and another is a spiderman cake. Happy fourth birthday Parker! We love you!
Parker couldn't wait to dig in!! (There were a few finger prints in the frosting. Hmmm!?)




CAMPING IN THE TETONS WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA HEUSEVELDT

It's nap time after a long day of fishing for the boys!

Taylor caught this one but wouldn't touch it!!! She drove the boat while trolling the rest of the time. (I don't blame you Tay!!)
Ok, I deleted this picture accidentally. I dont' know how to retrieve it!!! OOOPs!!
Brennen and his big catch!

Parker and his catch!

BABY SHOWER!Rachael threw an awesome baby shower for me. It was a "Diaper Dessert" exchange. I was able to stock up on a ton of diapers!!

HOT DOG!Right by our house is a canyon. We knicknamed this place "hot dog" because that is where we went and roasted hot dogs with the kids and some of their friends. It is so beautiful there!

BASEBALL FOR B
GRANDPA JOLLEY-GRANDMA'S BOOK
MAY
Our cousin from St. George visited us for almost a week! Taylor had a ton of fun playing with Maycee. We made German Pancakes for breakfast one of the mornings. (A family favorite!)

On Memorial Day Weekend, we went to St. Anthony. We visited Dad Harris's grave. We love you grandpa!!

While we were in St. Anthony, Shane's cousin Shannon and her girls and Shane's Aunt Debra visited as well. We went to the Assisted Living Center to see Shane's Grandma and Grandpa Ward.



Shane and Taylor went to an end of the school year "Breakfast with dads" at Taylor's school.

Taylor was in a singing group called "Valley Voices". For their end of the season show, she had a small part to memorize for the comentary. She did great!

In our school for fifth grade, students have to choose between being in the orchestra or playing the guitar. Taylor is learning how to play the voilin. This is the end of the year show for all of the parents.

Brennen was in a singing group for his school called the "Aftones". They sang at the Nursing Home, the Senior Center, and for the school at an assembly. He is the tallest kid in his grade. (Best looking one too!)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAYLOR!For Taylor's birthday, it was a year for just a family party. We had family come to town from both sides for a hamburger bbq. I can't believe that Taylor is eleven years old. She is growing up so quickly into a sweet young lady. Love you Tay!
Cake anyone?
BRENNEN'S SECOND PINE WOOD DERBYBrennen had an awesome car this year. He took second place in his Bear troup. He was pretty excited! Way to go B!
3 comments:
Congrads Harris family on your new addition, Your family is growing up so big. Wow
that sure is a beautiful baby! Congrats! When you come to St. ANthony again, give us a call! We would love to see you!
What a post! The baby is gorgeous! I can't wait to see him! It was so good to peek in and see how you all are doing! What a beautiful happy family! Love to you!
Post a Comment